Salary: $19.72 - $23.27 Hourly USD
This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the City's parks, athletic fields and athletic facilities.
• Performs athletic field maintenance duties. (50%)
o Lays out, paints, and stripes athletic fields.
o Mows grass and removes weeds at athletic fields.
o Installs tarps over dug outs.
o Repairs fences.
o Irrigates sports fields.
o Applies herbicides and fertilizer to sports fields.
o Repairs irrigation equipment.
o Maintains baseball mounds.
o Installs and maintains bases.
o Maintains infields.
• Performs custodial, carpentry, electric, and plumbing repair and maintenance duties. (30%)
o Performs basic carpentry work and repairs.
o Picks up trash and empties trash cans.
o Performs minor electrical repairs.
o Performs basic maintenance duties, such as minor painting, repairing plumbing leaks, replacing windows, and replacing light bulbs.
• Performs equipment maintenance duties. (10%)
o Checks and maintains fluid levels.
o Repairs and replaces tires.
o Cleans equipment.
• Performs related duties. (10%)
o Demonstrates punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
o Attends meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
o Provides innovative solutions to enhance current processes and procedures and/or resolve workplace issues.
o Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the methods, principles, techniques, equipment, tools and practices of building and grounds maintenance.
• Knowledge of relevant safety regulations, protocols, principles, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of preventive maintenance techniques as related to division equipment and vehicles.
• Skill in operating a variety of equipment and tools related to building and grounds maintenance activities.
• Skill in the application of pesticides and herbicides.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
The Athletic Facilities Superintendent assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include departmental standard operating procedure, work orders, supervisory instructions, City policies and procedures, and City of Auburn Core Values, Vision, and Mission statements. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related maintenance duties. Inclement weather contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to assist in the maintenance of the City's parks. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency of maintenance activities.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects weighing less than 24 pounds and heavy objects weighing 24 pounds or more, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
• The work is typically outdoors. The employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold or inclement weather. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
• Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages; and
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.