This position performs nursing services in our inpatient unit (Withdrawal Management, Transitional Care Unit & New Life Unit).This position will work a combination of days and evenings, every other weekend, and rotated holidayContinuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from services, program and agency earnings. STARTING HOURLY: $25.00OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELYDuties and Responsibilities Duties include:
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Education/Qualifications:
- Working with other healthcare professionals to coordinate care, screening calls for admission
- Completing admissions and discharges
- Monitoring signs and symptoms of withdrawal and vital signs
- Administering medications
- Following physician orders and documentation in medical records
- Attending daily medical rounds
- Scheduling follow-up appointments
- Cleaning/inspecting all medical equipment for proper functioning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Licensing as an LPN from the State of South Carolina, supplemented by three (3) years of practical work experience in an inpatient or outpatient human services delivery system, hospital medical unit.
- Familiarity with substance abuse patients is preferred.
Must be annually re-certified in CPR
- Have appropriate attitude and demeanor for maintaining smooth working relations with patients, staff, outside agencies and the general public.
- A valid SC driver's license or the ability to obtain one upon acceptance of the position