Salary: $15.41 - $16.35 Hourly USD
All Charleston County Employees, as a condition of employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide their vaccination card.
Charleston Center is accepting applications for Certified Nursing Assistants with a desire to integrate into a developed team of professional nurses, counselors, and medical staff.
This position performs various direct patient care activities within a medical Detoxification Unit while under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Assists nursing service with a variety of patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $15.41 - $16.35
Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from service, program and agency earnings.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Assist medical personnel with basic nursing care to patients
* Assist with measuring weight, height, vital signs, specimen collection
* Assist with personal hygiene needs of patients
* Exchange resident information with nurse in charge on an ongoing basis
* Ensure patients attend their daily clinical schedule and keep appointments with counseling service
* Observe and report patient's behavior and listen to their concerns
* Electronic documentation (computer skills a must)
* Assist nursing staff by reporting signs and symptoms of withdrawal (will be trained)
* Participate in medical events along with nursing and medical staff
* Work with housekeeping to ensure discharge beds are identified cleaned
* Ensures patients attend all meals, and provide for between - meal nourishment
* Assist patients with laundry
* Inventory, store and prepare medical and other supplies
* Excellent customer service and de-escalation skills are a priority
* Must be skilled at not internalizing inappropriate responses by some patients
* Adhere to established facility and departmental safety policies and procedures
* Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times
* Perform all responsibilities with adherence to Resident's Rights and HIPAA
* Must be fully vaccinated for COVID -19 and submit proof to Charleston County Human Resources
* Masking is mandatory while on duty and in the building at all times
Required Education and Experience:
* Must be a Certified Nurse's Aide listed on the South Carolina Nurse Aide registry with an active certification and be in good standing.
* High school graduate or equivalentClosing Date/Time:
Charleston, South Carolina