The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of REAL PROPERTY AGENT
to fill one (1) vacancy in the REAL PROPERTY DIVISION
of the COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT.
The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
The Community & Economic Development Department is comprised of eight distinct divisions; each having a role to serve the public, facilitate investment consistent with community expectations, and advance our City's outstanding quality of place through efforts aligned with important programs and initiatives within the City of Riverside. We are committed to the highest level of public service through neighborhood enrichment, arts, innovation, safety in our built environment, and economic growth that collectively improves the quality of place for our community.
The Real Property Agent, under general supervision, performs a wide variety of journey-level professional office and field duties in the management, acquisition, appraisal, and relocation of real property interests; and perform related work as required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Secure, examine, and interpret property records and title reports to determine the extent and types of encumbrances and the status of interests in properties.
- Analyze and determine the effect of encumbrances.
- Negotiate with parties of interest to remove liens, judgments, or other encumbrances.
- Prepare necessary documents to effect title changes.
- Make appraisals of properties and review independent appraisals to determine market value and costs necessary in securing properties for City use.
- Examine engineering plans and property maps to determine extent of property requirements for street rights-of-way and easements.
- Negotiate with property owners, in person or through correspondence, to establish terms and conditions of property conveyances.
- Recommend settlement terms and course of action to City departments and officials.
- Investigate sites, buildings, and prevailing rates in the area of desired location; gather sales, zoning, assessment valuation, improvements, tax, and other pertinent information for use in developing appraisals.
- Secure execution of formal lease documents; prepare outline and lease terms for attorney's use.
- Coordinate the disposition of real property interests.
- Assist residential and commercial property owners and tenants in relocating under the Property Acquisition and Relocation Act of 1970.
- Maintain records and prepare a variety of reports.
- Represent the City in the community and at professional meetings as required.
Qualifications Recruitment Guidelines: Education:
Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major work in business administration, economics, real estate, or a closely related field. Two years of additional qualifying experience may substitute for two years of education. Experience:
Three years of experience in the appraisal, acquisition, management, and/or record keeping of public property. Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Leasing and property management experience.
Selection Process DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
Completed Employment Application2)
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire3)
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. NOTE
: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list.
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
A. An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/.
B. An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university. All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.