Description:Student Information Systems Security and Business Analyst(Information Technology Consultant - Foundation/Non-Exempt)MB2020-PC2608
Apply Today! Open until filled. Application Screening Begins: Friday. February 7, 2020
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU
) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral. PURPOSE :
This is an entry level analyst position. Under the general supervision of the Director of Student Information Systems (SIS) and direct day-to-day supervision of the Manager of Student Information Systems, the Student Information Systems Security and Business Analyst provides application security, system maintenance, business process analysis, and project management support for the OASIS Student Information System (Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2). Working closely with End-Users, Senior Analysts, and IT Programmers, the Security and Student Systems Business Analyst will focus on maximizing the use of systems and applications within the Enrollment Services and Student Affairs (ESSA) division. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following :
Other Functions :
- Application Security: As assigned, provides security administration for systems and applications such as OASIS (Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2), OnBase Document Management, Campus Reporting (Hyperion), and Customer Relationship Management systems. This includes configuration, setup, and maintenance of security. Fields and responds to new user security requests and role change requests. Troubleshoots security/access related issues. Updates and maintains user profiles, roles, permission lists within various systems. Applies security updates for new projects and upgrades. Conducts quarterly and monthly security audits of various student systems and applications. Creates queries and reports for security auditing, testing, and planning. Assists in standardizing security access across various systems for CSUMB employees.
- Maintain Knowledge Management Sources and Report Inventories: Assist the change management process by working with functional units to create, update and maintain knowledge management sources such as job aids, business process guides, specifications, websites, instructional materials, meeting notes, etc. Will support tactics to communicate technology changes and general updates to impacted stakeholders through various mediums. Will provide process mapping support for knowledge management sources and assure documentation standards are consistent. Will index and audit knowledge sources to assure accurate and current. Also, will maintain report inventories, queries, and electronic files.
- Business Process Analysis: Consults with end-users to understand business processes (business process mapping), identify gaps, define business problems, analyze data, and collaborate on possible solutions. Gathers end-user requirements and clarifies expected outcomes to resolve business problems. Conducts research, evaluates industry examples and models, consults with senior analysts and IT programmers as needed, prepares preliminary project proposals and reviews proposals with end-users for buy-in and support. Participates in projects and completes tasks as assigned. Assists in evaluating security requirements for new custom modules or systems. Establishes security procedures and creates/maintains documentation.
- Application Maintenance Support: As assigned, provides first level application support for student information systems and applications such as OASIS (Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2), OnBase Document Management, Campus Reporting (Hyperion), and Customer Relationship Management systems. Provides support to additional student systems as assigned. Addresses common problems of limited scope and refers complex problems to higher level analysts. Performs technical analysis, configuration, integration, implementation and maintenance of applications. Supports upgrades and patches with a review and understanding of vendor release notes, the development and use of test plans and the coordination of end-user testing. Develops required business process, system or technical documentation to maintain systems. Acts as first point of contact for production troubleshooting issues and provides liaison support between end-users and IT. Disseminates system information and provides system training to end-users. Creates operational queries and reports to sustain production activities.
- Performs other duties such as maintaining the integrity, support and design of enrollment services and SIS websites, providing back-up office administration support as needed, maintaining the security of computing and multi-media equipment, and other duties as assigned.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES : Knowledge of:
Information technology systems and/or applications, including campus-wide systems, access procedures, networks and/or databases; data administration principles and techniques; training theory and practices.Skills:
Proficiency in standard software packages; demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.Ability to
: Apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support; analyze data requirements and research data availability and access methods; coordinate and implement data exchanges and conversions; develop and deliver technical training and user documentation; work with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
A foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, educational technology, communications, or related field, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Additional experience, which has demonstrated acquisition and successful application of the required knowledge abilities, may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis. SPECIALIZED SKILLS :
Knowledge of Enrollment Services applications. Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate system/technical concepts and ideas to non-system/technical individuals when assessing needs and providing appropriate solutions. Solid customer service skills. Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Professional Suite-especially PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience using and supporting student information systems applications, such as Oracle-CMS (Campus Solutions/Student Administration), Banner, or Datatel. Knowledge of multiple Student Information Systems applications (any combination of records and registration, admissions, financial aid, or academic advising). Experience supporting Customer Relationship Management and Document Management systems. Knowledge of principles, practices, operational analysis and techniques applicable to enrollment management in higher education. Skilled in using multimedia equipment and software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash. Highly desirable: Demonstrated skills in the collection, interpretation, analysis and evaluation of data leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, and production support. Knowledge and experience with basic project management tools and techniques. Skilled in creating reports using a reporting language or tool, such as, Hyperion Studio or PeopleSoft Query.
Experience administering or working with the Salesforce Service platform and the Education Data Architecture (EDA). Administrator training/certification desired. Ability to administer/configure system security, propose/document customizations, create interface specifications, research solutions, etc. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS :
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with responsibility for access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access; access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards); and control over campus business processes, either through functional roles or system security access
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT :
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations. POSITION INFORMATION :
- Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary
- Collective Bargaining Unit: Technical & Support Services (CSUEU)
- Anticipated Campus Hiring Salary: Low to mid $4,000's/month
- CSU Salary Range
- FLSA Status: Non Exempt
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit: CSU Benefits R09
. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: Employee Housing. APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs
. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library
). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. GENERAL INFORMATION :
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER :
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled