About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers in 2018 and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States.
Denver International Airport is seeking a highly motivated Plumbing Supervisor to supervise, and lead skilled journey and master level plumbers in the operation, maintenance, construction, and/or repair of DEN facility plumbing systems. This role requires shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Shift are subject to change. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews, develops, and/or modifies work plans, methods, and procedures, determines work priorities, and develops work schedules to provide adequate staff coverage.
- Assigns and distributes work, reviews work for accuracy and completeness, and returns assignments with recommendations for proper completion.
- Resolves problems, mediates conflicts encountered during daily operations, determines appropriate solutions, and promotes teamwork. Encourages regular communication and informs staff of relevant business issues and their impact on the organization.
- Implements safety standards and develops procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintains plumbing systems records for all maintenance, repairs, and/or installation work completed. Develops, recommends, and establishes equipment maintenance schedules.
- Supervises snow removal crews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must obtain "Class B" CDL within 6 months of hire
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school, or possession of a GED Certificate
- Three (3) years of experience as licensed journey or master plumber.
- No substitution of experience for education is permitted. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
- Possession of a valid driver's license at the time of application;
- Possession of a valid Journey Plumber's License issued by the State of Colorado at the time of application.
- Requires possession of a Master Plumber's License or a Class "A" Supervisor Certificate issued by the State of Colorado, or the City and County of Denver, prior to the end of the probationary period.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Shift Work/ Emergency Incidents: this position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatory extended/additional shifts can be required. About Everything Else
CJ2573 Plumbing Supervisor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$57,481.00 - $91,970.00
Based on education and experience
Denver International Airport
Labor and Trades Supervisor
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here