Salary: $7,160.94 - Monthly
Salary Top: $10,144.21
Apply By: Mar 02, 2020
Under general direction, plans, supervise, and evaluates the work activities and staff assigned to the Water Operations Division including sections responsible for Water Distribution, Water Treatment and Water Quality.
Serves as Chief Water Operator for the City overseeing the operation, treatment, and maintenance of the City’s Water Production and Distribution Systems. The below list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY the incumbents in this class may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and activities of staff engaged in performing duties as it relates to the City’s Water Distribution and Water Treatment Systems;
- Maintains the services in the public right-of-way, sewer mains, storm drains, manholes and catch basins, collection and disposal of hazardous waste;
- Coordinates assigned activities with other units, divisions, outside agencies, and the general public;
- Supervises recycled water operations and water conservation, emergency water breaks, compliance with federal and state regulations;
- Determines and implements a schedule to replace, repair water meter, water line gate valves and fire hydrants;
- Informs, confers and provide field operation management assistance to the Principal Engineer – Water Operations;
- Investigates, documents and reports water distribution and production operations for the City;
- Responds to customer concerns, inquiries, and complaints;
- Prepares the Division’s budget, projects staffing needs, and completes performance appraisals and suggests improvements for career development;
Possession Grade 5 Certification in Water Distribution (D5) and Grade 3 Certification in Water Treatment (T3) AND minimum seven years of experience monitoring and operating water production and distribution systems. Must possess at the time of application and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
- Knowledgeable of applicable city, county, state and federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes and regulations governing water production, treatment and distribution, budgeting and purchasing techniques and procedures, water quality and safety compliance codes and guidelines, and of occupational hazards and safety precautions;
- Skilled in prioritizing and scheduling maintenance activities, analyzing issues and concerns, providing and following oral and written instructions, and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships;
- Ability to effectively problem solve day-to-day and complex issues with water operations, staffing and other functions impacting the efficiency of the division; communicate verbally and in writing, to use various technical equipment and software to perform essential job duties;
- Proficient in the use of industry-related equipment, personal computers and software, and other electronic devices required to perform essential job duties.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Interested parties must complete and official city employment application to include a copy of the required certification with application materials. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. This recruitment may close with or without further notice.