This examination is being given to fillone vacancyin theDiagnostics Imaging Department at San Joaquin General Hospitaland to establish an eligible list to fill future vacancies. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline.
San Joaquin County General Hospital is seeking dynamic, highly motivated and team oriented Radiologic Technologists to become part of the hospital's Diagnostic Imaging Department.
San Joaquin General Hospital is a public hospital certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital Certified Stroke Program has achieved recognition by American Heart & Stroke Association and is recipient of the Gold Plus Award. SJGH's provides comprehensive treatment for trauma patients as the designated Level III Trauma Center for San Joaquin County.
The Diagnostics Imaging Department is comprised of seven specialties: Radiography, CT Scan, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography and Interventional Radiology. We also sponsor a Radiologic Technology training program. Services are provided in a culturally sensitive, community-oriented, caring manner with the highest regard for patient confidentiality and customer service. The Imaging department strives to image gently, care completely, and teach effectively.
The ideal candidate
willpossess ARRT (R), (CT) certification and Radiologic Technologist certification in the State of California. Additionally, this candidate will possess extensive experience preforming complex diagnostic and angiographic procedures using Computed Tomography. NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail.
- Assists radiologist or other physician performing examinations; calculates, prepares, and administers dosages of pharmaceutical; prepares and positions patients for display of body area to be studied; positions machine; adjusts controls to produce products of required diagnostic quality.
- Performs fluoroscopic x-ray examinations; assembles equipment; measures and mixes barium and contrast media; maintains observes patient reaction for signs of distress; performs radiographs during and following examinations.
- Prepares rooms for fluoroscopic x-ray examinations and mammography examinations.
- Conducts special complex imaging procedures such as angiography, CT scanning, cardiac catheterization and arthrography.
- Instructs and prepares patients for diagnostic imaging procedures; selects appropriate equipment and determines most suitable anatomical positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Operate a variety of special equipment, such as closed circuit television monitors, power injectors, and rapid film changers; prepares especially equipped rooms for scheduled examinations; operates mobile equipment in other areas of the hospital, and satellite clinics.
- Records patient information, patient identification numbers, and number and type of view taken in-patient log; may maintain records as required.
- Demonstrates all procedures to students and technicians; monitors trainee's performance of procedures; corrects faulty techniques and explains appropriate methods.
- May serve as lead workers; may prepare staff schedules; may assign and review the work of Radiologic technologists, students and clerical staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Experience :
Two years experience performing diagnosticimaging in an acute care facility or medical clinical setting. Must have experience and demonstrate competency in radiography, fluoroscopy, Computed Tomography (CT) scanning. Experience with performing complex diagnostic and angiographic procedures using Computed Tomographyis highly preferred. Licenses and Certificates :
Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, and certification by the Department of Health, State of California as Radiologic Technologist.
Additionally, incumbent is required to demonstrate the ability to obtain a Fluoroscopy permit by completion of a 12 month employment probationary period. Special Requirement :
Possession of certification as anCT Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (R) (CT) is required.
Methods and techniques used in complex and specialized diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations; variations of anatomical positioning used in radiography; care and use of x-ray equipment; and safety practices to prevent overexposure to radiation.
Position requires sitting, standing, manual dexterity, bending or stooping and lifting of patients; position patients for a variety of imaging examinations including radiography, CT scanning, cardiac catheterization, mammography, fluoroscopy and special procedures; learn a variety of film making and processing equipment; independently produce images; analyze films and evaluate problems; establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians and fellow workers; develop positive patient relations with patients, guests, visitors, and patients' families.
BENEFITS Health Insurance :
San Joaquin County provides employees with a choice of three health plans: a Kaiser Plan, a Select Plan, and a Premier Plan. Employees pay a portion of the cost of the premium. Dependent coverage is also available. Dental Insurance :
The County provides employees with a choice of two dental plans: Delta Dental and Pacific Union Dental. There is no cost for employee only coverage in either plan; dependent coverage is available at the employee's expense. Vision Insurance :
The County provides vision coverage through Vision Service Plan (VSP). There is no cost for employee only coverage; dependent coverage is available at the employee's expense.
For more detailed information on the County's benefits program, visit our website at www.sjgov.org
under Human Resources/Benefits. Life Insurance :
The County provides eligible employees with life insurance coverage as follows:
1 but less than 3 years of continuous service: $1,000
3 but less than 5 years of continuous service: $3,000
5 but less than 10 years of continuous service: $5,000
10 years of continuous service or more: $10,000
Employee may purchase additional term life insurance at the group rate. 125 Flexible Benefits Plan :
This is a voluntary program that allows employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for health-related expenses that are not paid by a medical, dental or vision plan (Health Flexible Spending Account $2080 annual limit); and dependent care costs (Dependent Care Assistance Plan $5000 annual limit). Retirement Plan
: Employees of the County are covered by the County Retirement Law of 1937. Please visit the San Joaquin County Employees' Retirement Association (SJCERA) at www.sjcera.org
for more information. NOTE: If you are receiving a retirement allowance from another California county covered by the County Employees' Retirement Act of 1937 or from any governmental agency covered by the California Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS), you are advised to contact the Retirement Officer of the Retirement Plan from which you retired to determine what effect employment in San Joaquin County would have on your retirement allowance. Deferred Compensation
: The county maintains a deferred compensation plan under Section 457 of the IRS code. You may annually contribute $17,500 or 100% of your includible compensation, whichever is less. Individuals age 50 or older may contribute to their plan, up to $23,000 . Vacation
: Maximum earned vacation is 10 days each year up to 3 years; 15 days after 3 years; 20 days after 10 years; and 23 days after 20 years. Holiday
: For current Civil Service employees: 14 paid holidays per year. For new employees: 10 paid holidays per year. Sick Leave
: 12 working days of sick leave annually with unlimited accumulation. Sick leave incentive : An employee is eligible to receive eight hours administrative leave if the leave balance equals at least one- half of the cumulative amount that the employee is eligible to accrue. The employee must also be on payroll during the entire calendar year. Bereavement Leave
: 3 days of paid leave for the death of an immediate family member, 2 additional days of accrued leave for death of employee's spouse, domestic partner, parent or child. Merit Salary Increase
: New employees will receive the starting salary, which is the first step of the salary range. After employees serve 52 weeks (2080 hours) on each step of the range, they are eligible for a merit increase to the next step. Job Sharing
: Employees may agree to job-share a position, subject to approval by a Department Head and the Director of Human Resources. Educational Reimbursement Program
: Eligible employees may be reimbursed for career-related course work up to a maximum of $850 per fiscal year. Eligible employees enrolled in an approved four (4) year College or University academic program may be reimbursed up to $800 per semester for a maximum of $1600 per fiscal year. Parking Supplemental Downtown Stockton:
The County contributes up to $17 per pay period for employees who pay for parking and are assigned to work in the Downtown Core Area. School Activities
: Employees may take up to 40 hours per year, but not more than eight (8) hours per month, to participate in their children's school activities.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will go through the following examination process:
- Written Exam : The civil service written exam is a multiple choice format. If the written exam is administered alone, it will be 100% of the overall score. Candidates must achieve a minimum rating of 70% in order to be placed on the eligible list.
- Oral Exam : The oral exam is a structured interview process that will assess the candidate's education, training, and experience and may include a practical exercise. The oral exam selection process is not a hiring interview. A panel of up to four people will determine the candidate's score and rank for placement on the eligible list. Top candidates from the eligible list are referred for hiring interviews. If the oral exam is administered alone, it will be 100% of the overall score. Candidates must achieve a minimum rating of 70% in order to be placed on the eligible list.
- Written & Oral Exam: If both a written exam and an oral exam is administered, the written exam is weighted at 60% and the oral exam is weighted at 40% unless otherwise indicated on the announcement. Candidates must achieve a minimum rating of 70% on each examination in order to be placed on the eligible list.
- Rate-out: A rate-out is an examination that involves a paper rating of the candidate's application using the following criteria: education, training, and experience. Candidates will not be scheduled for the rate-out process.
The rating of 70 referred to may be the same or other than an arithmetic 70% of the total possible points. Testing Accommodation:
Candidates who require testing accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must call Human Resources Division at (209) 468-3370 prior to the examination date. Veteran's Points
: Eligible veterans, unmarried widows and widowers of veterans of the United States Armed Forces who have been honorably discharged and who have served during wartime shall be given veteran's points in initial appointment to County service. Eligible veterans receive 5 points and eligible disabled veterans receive 10 points. Disabled veterans must submit a recent award letter stating a 10% service connected disability issued by the United States Veterans Administration. Note:
A copy of your DD214 showing the discharge type must be received in the Human Resources by the date of the examination.
Acceptable wartime service dates:
- September 16, 1940 to December 31, 1946
- June 27, 1950 to January 31, 1955
- August 5, 1964 to May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf War, August 2, 1990, through a date to be set by law or Presidential Proclamation.
Candidates who pass the examination will be placed on an eligible list for that classification. Eligible lists are effective for one year, but may be extended up to two additional years by the Civil Service Commission. Certification/Referral:
Names from the eligible list will be referred to the hiring department by the following methods.
- Rule of the Rank: The top three ranks will be referred for hiring interviews. If there are less than 5 names in the top three ranks the next rank is referred. This applies only to open competitive recruitments.
- Rule of Five: The top five names will be referred for hiring interviews. This applies only to department or countywide promotional examination.
Some classifications require physical examinations. Final appointment cannot be made until the eligible has passed the physical examination. The County pays for physical examinations administered in its medical facilities. Pre-Employment Drug Screening Exam:
Some classifications require a new employee successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. Final appointment cannot be made unitl the eligible has passed the drug screen. The County pays for the initial drug screen. Employment of Relatives:
Applicants who are relatives of employees in a department within the 3rd degree of relationship, (parent, child, grand parent, grand child or sibling) either by blood or marriage, may not be appointed, promoted, transferred into or within the department when;
- They are related to the Appointing Authority or
- The employment would result in one of them supervising the work of the other.
Department Head may establish additional limitations on the hiring of relatives by departmental rule. Proof of Eligibility:
If you are offered a job you will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or other documents that establish your eligibility to be employed in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY Apply Online: www.sjgov.org/department/hrBy mail or in person:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, CA 95202 Office hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; excluding holidays.
Phone: (209) 468-3370 Job Line:
For currentemployment opportunitiesplease callour 24-hour job line at (209) 468-3377.
When a final filing date is indicated, applications must be filed with the Human Resources Division before 5:00 p.m. or postmarked by the final filing date. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications sent through county inter-office mail, which are not received by the final filing date, will not be accepted. (The County assumes no responsibility for mailed applications which are not received by the Human Resources Division)
. San Joaquin County Substance Abuse Policy:
San Joaquin County has adopted a Substance Abuse Policy in compliance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. This policy is enforced by all San Joaquin County Departments and applies to all San Joaquin County employees. Equal Opportunity Employer
: San Joaquin County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and is committed to providing equal employment to all without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation or belief, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. For more information go to www.sjgov.org/department/hr/eeo
Click on a link below to apply for this position:Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
Apply Online View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here
. View and print the official application form as an Acrobat pdf file.
A San Joaquin County application form is required for this recruitment. You may print this Acrobat PDF document and then fill it in. Contact us via conventional means. You may contact us by phone at (209) 468-3370, or by email
, or apply for a job in person at the San Joaquin County Human Resources Division.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous