About Our Job
The Office of Human Resources is seeking a strategic, customer-service focused Senior HR Business Partner to join our team at our offices at DEN. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is ready to contribute to the strategic orientation of the DEN Office of Human Resources team by working with both City leadership and individual contributors in consultative human resources business practices, change management and metrics.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. In November 2018, Den was ranked the #2 US airport by the Wall Street Journal. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States and has been named the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live is a high bar. Maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver and every passenger that travels to and through DEN. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of the city and have a hand in creating our future. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world's most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.
As a Senior HR Business Partner on our DEN team, you will provide full performance level human resources functions related to performance management, coaching, talent management, classification and compensation, workforce planning, change management, data analysis, employee engagement and employee relations.
Additionally, in this HR Business Partner position, you will:
- Consult and provide recommendations to employees and managers regarding human resources matters, best business practices and organizational development.
- Partner with the business to foster long term successful leadership relationships to develop strategies and initiatives that promote a culture of leadership and engagement for the entire organization.
- Partner with Centers of Excellence including Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Classification, Learning and Development and Benefits to recommend and execute business solutions.
- Develop leadership, retention and engagement strategies that help to move the organization forward by developing strong leaders and a stronger workforce.
- Provide data and analysis for new hires, terminations, employee relations, engagement, etc. to tell our human capital story.
- Develop HR process improvement initiatives and monitors effectiveness of process improvements.
- Manage employee relation issues and investigations as needed.
Please apply as soon as you are able, as this position will close without advance notice as soon as we receive a sufficient number of qualified candidates.About You
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 5 plus years working as an HR Professional for a complex organization
- 5 plus years of experience managing and investigating employee relations issues
- Experience guiding workforce planning and organizational development initiatives
- Strong business acumen and Excel skills
- Ability to build professional relationships with a variety of people, at all levels of the organization
- Experience providing and receiving feedback to/from leaders and employees
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Five (5) years of professional human resources experience.
- Education & Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
CA2992 HR Business Partner Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$66,775.00 - $106,840.00
Based on education and experience
Office of Human Resources
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here