Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under direction, to manage a swimming pool; and to do related work as required. Positions areavailable at the following aquatic centers and pools :
Ashworth; Birdland; Nahas; Northwest and Teachout. Approximate employment duration :
Approximately 40 hours per week. Assigned work hours between 8:00 AM and 11 PM including weekends and holidays from May-September. Deadline :
Applicationare accepteduntil such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions. Note :
Hiring preference is given to applicants having the ability to work consistently throughout the season.Acceptable Experience and Training
Required Special Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old;
- Prior Lifeguard or Swimming Instructor experience preferred;
- Valid driver's license or equivalent mobility required.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Candidates are to requiredpossess a valid and current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and CPR Certification or have the ability to obtain required certifications by employment date.
- Certifications may beobtained through the American Red Cross and must be valid through September 10, 2020.
- Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and driving record background checks.
- Passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to hire.
- Maintains constant watch for accidents or potential accidents at a swimming pool. Enforces rules governing the conduct of persons at a swimming pool, warning patrons against hazardous practices.
- Recognizes emergency situations and reacts appropriately in a quick and calm manner.
- Assists persons in distress by application of safety techniques, resuscitation and First Aid administration.
- Supervises the cleaning of the pool and bath house and the operations of the locker rooms.
- Requisitions operating supplies.
- Performs water quality tests, records results and report any water clarity problems and/or alarms to maintenance.
- Confirms lifeguard, head lifeguard, and cashier staff time sheets weekly. Responsible for daily cash deposits off-site.
- Attend required in-service training throughout employment.
- Maintains personal health, fitness and endurance.
- Performs related work as required.
Closing Date/Time: 5/18/2020 5:00 PM Central