About Our Job
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.4 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
We are hiring part-time, on-call Snow Removal Operators for air side snow removal. These are "On Call" positions, which means that when the snow flies, we'll start calling this list of Snow Removal Operators to come lend a hand.
Since this position requires the use of highly specialized heavy equipment at a busy airport, on-site training on the equipment and training/testing to receive your CDL will be provided.
- Performs snow removal using various equipment
- Performs inspections of equipment to ensure proper working order, which includes checking fluid levels and leaks, conditions of hoses and belts, tire pressure, brakes, lights, and other related mechanical components as required by the City and/or the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles
- Completes daily work reports and paperwork as required
- Observes all safety practices associated with the operation of equipment, and common hand and power tools
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
Candidates, by your choosing, will work one of the two shifts: 3:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. -or- 3:30 P.M. to 3:30 A.M.About You
Do you operate equipment in a field that has down time during the snow season such as construction, farming, etc? Are you interested in supplementing your income? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We're looking for people experienced with heavy equipment snow removal such as: Brooms, Tractors, Loaders, Blowers, Graders, Pushers, Sanders and Plows (single & tandem). Candidates who possess a valid CDL license, or Class B CDL permit are preferred ; however, DEN will provide the necessary training and testing to obtain a Class B CDL
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Two years of experience operating equipment.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one (1) year of the minimum experience requirements.
- Licensure/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL "B") with appropriate endorsements within six (6) months of employment and must be kept current as a condition of employment.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CJ2923 Aviation Snow Removal Operator
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$21.17 - $30.91
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here