Position Description Exam # 17/52A97/07RR
Final Filing Date: CONTINUOUS SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Behavioral Health Bureau and Clinic Services Bureau are seeking individuals for the Clinical Nurse Practitioner position, which is the fully qualified, journey-level class, capable of performing the full scope of complex primary health care services, including physical examinations, diagnosing and managing care of patients, and performing other related work as assigned.
The Behavioral Health Bureau is a progressive agency that serves children, youth, adults and their families with System of Care values of being community based, culturally relevant, client and family centered and using clinical evidence based practices to support clients in the wellness and recovery of their mental illness.
The Clinic Services Bureau operates seven clinics and two satellite clinics, including the Alisal Health Center, Seaside Family Health Center, Monterey County Health Clinic at Marina and the Four Laurel Clinics located in Salinas, which include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Vista and Pediatrics. The Clinics offer care to the medically underserved in Monterey County. The mission of the Clinic Services Bureau is to provide access to high quality medical care to residents of Monterey County regardless of ability to pay.
The eligible list established from this recruitment process will be used to fill the current position and may be used to fill future vacancies as they arise. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following :
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Assess health of patients to determine their physical, emotional and social status by taking a complete medical history, doing a physical examination, initiating screening and diagnostic procedures etc.; evaluate results of clinical findings and laboratory tests and report any abnormalities to a physician.
- Identify and manage, in collaboration with physician, common illnesses and/or other health problems and refer these problems or illnesses that require immediate medical attention to the appropriate practicing physician; assume on-going responsibility for follow-ups.
- Maintain accurate records of assessments, follow-ups, patient encounters, and evaluations utilizing electric medical record.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professionals regarding health problems and illnesses, following established protocol relative to diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Coordinate and facilitate referrals to other health and social agencies.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training Minimum Qualifications:
- Culturally sensitive
- Compassionate and caring
- Effective communicator with patients and coworkers
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Pursuant to Section 2835 of the Business and Professions Code hold a valid and active California license as a Registered Nurse and possess and maintain a certificate to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the appropriate specialized area(s):
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
The knowledge and skills listed above may be acquired through various types of education, training, or
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner training program leading to certification as a Nurse Practitioner by California Board of Nursing.
Condition of Employment:
- Approximately three to five years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner with demonstrated ability to manage higher acuity patients with little supervision.
- The Health Department will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
For complete information please see the class specification/job description on our website at:
http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel/documents/specifications/52A97.pdf Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
TO APPLY: Submit the following to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906:
Or apply on-line at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
- Valid and active California Registered Nurse License
- Valid and active California Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Please be aware if the application form and responses to supplemental questions, is not submitted timely with other required application materials, the application will be removed from further consideration and not be considered further. Final filing date: Continuous Resumes may be submitted, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials .
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, the process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercises, performance exam, and/or written examination. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4515. NOTE:
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodations, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4515.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U. S.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed below.
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or "S" MOU prevails over this listing.
http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel/Benefits.html (S Bargaining Unit Benefit Summary Sheet)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.